Monday, April 29, 2013

Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


When you are in need of a quick chocolate fix that you don't need to feel guilty about - Let these babies come to rescue. 

They take a total of five minutes to make and then about 30 minutes to set in the freezer. 

Hope you love them as much as we do! 


1/4 C Butter
1/4 Coconut Oil
1 plus 1/4  C honey
1/2 C Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
3- 4 C Quick cooking Oats
2 tsp. Vanilla

1. Add the first five ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat - bring to a boil for 1 min. 

2. take off the heat and add the remaining ingredients - Mix well

3. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined cookie sheet and throw in freezer to set - takes close 30 minutes, sometimes I just keep mine in the freezer and snack on them from their frozen state. 

4. Make sure to have a wash cloth nearby for little hands as they can get pretty messy! but the taste is worth it :)

** for some more healthy options consider adding a few TBSP of ground flax seeds to the mixture. I also make sure to use a natural peanut butter. We make our own - but you can find them at most grocery stores now. 

~ Please share freely with any chocolate lovers you may have ~ 

7 comments:

  1. Love this, these cookies have always been a guilty pleasure at potlucks, but I have never made them myself. I might make this version!

    In the recipe you say "1 plus 1/4 cup honey" and I assume you mean 1 1/4 cups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi love! Yep you got it 1 1/4 cups of honey :) you can play around with it if you would like it sweeter or not as sweet.. just have a taste before spooning out .. Hope you love them!

      Delete
  2. How much coconut oil? It just says 1/4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that :) Its should read 1/4 Cup.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to make these. I have loved the not so healthy version of what we called Haystacks since I was a kid--over 50 years ago. But now I have been missing them since I don't cook anything with 2 cups of sugar like my recipe had. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many calories are they a piece?

    ReplyDelete