Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3 Months of Real Food - Update!

Hello Lovelies!

I wanted to let you all know a quick update since our family started eating "Real Food" back in January.

To recap you can check the guidelines we were following HERE.

So how has the past three months been??

AMAZING. It has not been easy by any means but the results have proven that we are on the right path. In just three months here are the changes I have experienced:

1. Blood pressure was reduced significantly  Last year I had dangerously high blood pressure (160/100) and was put on medication.  I am so happy to report that I am completely off of all blood pressure medication and my daily average hovers around 110/75 = this just proves how much salt is in all that processed junk!

2. Cholesterol levels went from very high to better than average

3. I have lost 21 lbs. YAY!

4. Acid Indigestion has disappeared - Three years ago I was diagnosed with GERDS and given medication for it. I have stopped taking the medication and have had zero symptoms of the extreme acid reflux I used to have.

The challenges we have faced have mainly been related to planning. For example being too tired to make dinner because I forgot to take out the meat, not eating before going out shopping)  If I could give you the best advice for starting your real food journey it would be to PLAN AHEAD. Plan your meals. Plan your snacks. Write down your grocery list according to your meals so you dont bring home junk.

We are sticking with this. Regardless of how many road bumps we come across the results above say it all.

How has your journey been? What struggles are you having? How can we support each other?

Where ever you are on your journey - Know that you are where you need to be right in this moment.

much love,
Sarah.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! It's sure a work in progress but we are super happy with how things have gone so far. much love to you!

      Delete
  2. This is super inspiring! I feel like my diet has been such crap lately, and hearing such wonderful feedback is motivating me to get my butt in gear! :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan! You can do it!! start out with some baby foot steps and before you know it you will be running .. much love ~

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is so awesome. Congrats to you and your family, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete