Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy Way to Record Recipes

Holla fellow readers :)

I just wanted to share and easy-peasy way to record recipes from friends and loved ones.. 

When my grandmother passed away she left us with a few recipe boxes filled with recipes from my childhood. I have always wanted to keep a collection of favorite family recipes - HOWEVER - the thought of writing down or typing out page after page of recipes made me want a stiff drink. 

(one of the many recipe boxes to sort through)

Telling my very smart mama this conundrum she said "Why don't you just take a Picture?"

It was one of those moments that changed my life.. Well not really... but it sure has saved me a ton of ink and time and made this task of recording recipes a whole lot easier. 

With my iphone ready I snapped away and within 10 minutes had close to 60 of my favorite recipes. Talk about easy!

Top Three Reasons to do This:

1. Time Saver - much easier and faster than writing them out - 'nuff said.

2. You get to capture the persons handwriting - in today's electronic world isn't it awesome to see a loved ones handwriting? My grandmas handwriting instantly brings a smile to my face. 

3. Easy Storage - just print them off picture size and store them in a photo album

so there you have it - Now call up your mamas, grandmamas and girlfriends and get those cameras snapping! 

And as an extra special treat here's one of my favorite recipes from my Grandma.. It is super high in sugar but I loved it as a child...Enjoy!


***I'm starting up a weekly "Make Life Easier" post so here is the very first of the bunch - Don't want to miss out? Join this Site or like us on Facebook to receive an email when a post is up.. 


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Makes me want to smack my head against a wall for not thinking of it myself. (0=

    I found this post from "One Good Thing by Jillee". I'm glad you linked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have spent a crazy amount of time copying recipes by hand.. Such a simple time saving thing :)

      Delete
  2. And then you can create a photo book of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Fantastic Idea Caren :) I may just have to do that! thank - you :)

      Delete
  3. I love it! This is such a great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. My great Aunt left me her recipes and I have been feeling the same way. Grabbing my camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done this with magazine and newspaper recipes. Then I add them to my paperless recipe file! If I need to I can print it off for easier reading. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I really need to redo how I organize all of our recipes. I'd love for you to share this at my link party "Organize My Life" that opens every Monday night. Stop on by http://maryorganizes.com! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant get your follow button to work. Please sign me up for your feed. Thanks.

    tamlynfox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete